CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Freaky Friday&Sexy Saturday (Joe)

So in my inability to write a post for Freaky Friday I have decided to post Freaky Friday and Sexy Saturday together.


Today's artist is Joe Thomas.


Joe has been known for his sexy and sultry music. So in honor of Freaky Friday I will post one of his slow jam baby making songs from one of my favorite albums
My Name is Joe


One Life Stand - JOE


Joe Thomas was early influenced by gospel music being the son of two preachers. Later he got his break while being discovered in a gospel record store while giving guitar lessons in the back. He signed with Polygram Mercury records in 1993 releasing his first album Everything. Due to it's lackluster sales the album was released from his contract.

His first break out hit was All the Things (Your Man Wont Do)and was featured on the soundtrack for the Wayans Brother's movie Dont Be a Menace While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.

Later he released All That I Am and it eventually went platinum. Scoring hits such as Dont Wanna Be a Player (which was later revamped on Big Pun's still not a player remix) and The Love Scene.

In 2000 he released My Name is Joe, his most successful album to date ( and my personal favorite) spawning such hits as I Wanna Know, Treat Her Like A Lady and Stutter.

In 2001 and 2003 he released Better Days and And..Then respectively.

In 2007 Joe released Aint Nothin Like Me, which featured Baby Where You At and was his last album on Jive Records.

In 2008, Joe found a new home with Kedar Entertainment/Universal and released JoeThomas/New Man

This year he released Signature, (an album of all ballads) independantly in Japan and the U.S.

Here are a few of my favorite songs from some of his various albums ( All Slow Jams of course)

From My Name is Joe

so beautiful - Joe

From All That I Am

The Love Scene - Joe

From Signature

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS... - Joe

From And...Then

More & More - Joe

0 comments: