CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Snubbed by JHud


Hey there readers!

I thought I would share a personal experience with you all.



Well I was in Chicago on 12/30/09. Earlier that evening I was in the Water Tower Mall on Michigan Ave with a friend. The second we walk in my friend says is that Jennifer Hudson? As I turn I notice that it looks like a woman walking with someone who looks like Jennifer Hudson's sister. As the woman turns to the side, I see that it in fact is Jennifer Hudson. Now granted I am not much of a fan but I figure hey its Jennifer Hudson, she's a hometown girl its cool.

So I shuffle over to her (at my friend's protest). I say Hi, aren't you Jennifer Hudson? She replies "Yes I am" and promptly goes back to looking at jewelry in a display case. Initially when she confirms that she is who she is, I get excited and wave my friend over. She walks over and mentions that she saw J Hud's Christmas special, to which JHud replies thank you for watching I appreciate it. Then my friend quietly replies to me, Bonita Applebum she looks like she doesn't want to be bothered. To which I reply you know what you are right. We say our good byes and are on our way.

I understand that she may have been approached by people all day, but she was particularly standoffish and cold. I left her feeling salty and slightly embarrassed that I went out of my way to speak to her. That experience completely turned me off to the idea of randomly speaking to celebrities. If I in fact see another celebrity I WILL NOT do what I did today and make it a point to speak.

I mean I know I probably shouldn't have but I took that shit personally. As a celebrity you never know what type of impression you may leave on somebody for the rest of their life. I also think about the fact that I could have been one of those die-hard fans who considered her my idol, if I was that type of a fan, that total exchange would have broke my heart and hurt my feelings. It is my opinion that as a celebrity, you should expect the random encounters of people who recognize you and act accordingly, its a part of your profession, if you don't want to be bothered while shopping, hire a personal shopper. I vow that if I ever become famous I will do my absolute best, to be as courteous as possible at all times to those that show me any kind of support. I would never want to have someone who supports me or my work walk away from me feeling the way that I felt.

Now when I think of JHud I will think of that encounter and the initial admiration I had for her will now be tainted because I realize that just like most people she has the capacity to be rude. What she said wasn't particularly rude but the vibe she gave off was "Get the fuck away from me"

That said, she wont be getting any of my support. I just thought she could have been a little more warm and personable... I mean she didn't even smile.

Guess I expected too much

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, sorry to hear about ur encounter...actually Jennifer is a very sweet person, however a small tip...when you see a celebrity in public and they are quiet & off to themselves it's best not to approach them. The reason she kind of dusted you off was because she didn't want to cause any attention to herself, which opens the door for the annoying paparazzi to expose them or a crowd of people to gather around. Once again sorry about your encounter but please do understand that Jenny is still a great person. Thanks for watching the special!