CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Merry Christmas

Hey there my lovely readers!! (That's if I still have some)


I know I havent posted in awhile. But I'm back just in time for the Holidays!!

Now what type of Music Blogger would I be if I didnt share some of my FAVORITE Christmas songs!

So if you would like to hear them........HERE THEY GO!!!


Vanessa Williams- WHAT CHILD IS THIS



I love this song! The smooth jazzy feel goes great with the original arrangement of the song. Vanessa Williams voice just glides over the melody it always puts me in the Christmas mood!


Donny Hathaway
- THIS CHRISTMAS



Now YOU KNOW! I couldnt list Christmas songs without mentioning this CLASSIC soul song by the ILLUSTRIOUS Donny himself! There have been MANY covers from Gospel to Country but there is only one version that gets me going at Christmas and thats this one!!


Stevie Wonder
- SOME DAY AT CHRISTMAS



Ah Stevie Wonder, he always makes such inspirational songs and this one is no different. Whenever I hear this song I get a little choked up. I mean don't we all want to live in the world he describes in this song?

The Jackson 5
- GIVE LOVE ON CHRISTMAS DAY



R.I.P. Micheal Jackson! This was the Jackson 5 at their FINEST! Their Christmas album was a household staple when I was growing up. There have been many covers of this song, but Michael's voice is always the one that moves me : )

Mary Mary- O Come All Ye Faithful



Now I have had trouble finding the actual recording of this song, but when I saw this performance years ago I knew I loved this version. Me and my sister even came up with our own rendition at home based off this video LOL! Anyway I just love the way they sound together

The Temptations- SILENT NIGHT



The Temptations! This song was another household staple. I love their Merry Christmas to All of You harmony at the intro and the end! That part always does it for me!

Boys 2 Men feat Brian McKnight- LET IT SNOW



Had a problem finding the original video that was of good quality. But anyway this one here is a classic for me and my generation I'm sure. This will be the song we play in our households for our children. I just love this song, its so pretty and romantical! LOL


Well thats my list folks! I'm sure there is a lil bit of something in there for anyone. But we all have our favorite Christmas songs. So What's Yours?

Oh and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my readers!

1 comments:

The Professor said...

"What Child is This" is a fav of mine as well. Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song" album was a standard in the house growing up and I now have it on my iPod. "This Christmas" is a long time favorite and a new favorite is "O Come all Ye Faithful" by Kirk Franklin (Before he dumped them).