CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Soul Train Music Awards


Last night the Soul Train Music Awards aired on BET, and BET's new network Centric.

Overall I think it was a decent reintroduction. Here is my overall recap.

The Good

Toni Braxton and Trey Songz- Their performance was decent and the kiss was the kicker. Oddly enough I don't think it was a big shock because most people knew about it for weeks when the show was originally recorded. Toni looked fabulous and Trey was looking scrumptious as usual.



TreySongz- He looked good, sounded good, I liked the dancers, and did I say he looked good?



The Boring

K-Ci and JoJo - During the Charlie Wilson tribute, They just looked bad, I heard K-ci grunt a few times and I didnt hear a peep from JoJo

Robin Thicke- I like his music but he doesn't have much stage presence

Ryan Leslie- It seemed like he was singing too low to be heard, the music was alright but his actual vocal performance was much to be desired.

The Favorites


Chrissette Michele- The voice was flawless, facial expressions were somewhat of a distraction but you could tell she was feeling the song


Erykah Badu and Ledisi- During the Chaka Kahn tribute, Hands down they killed it, Fantasia did her signature hollering and Angie Stone decided to let Chaka sing most of her own tribute.




If you havent caught it, I'm sure it will re-air. The only awards I remember were Beyonce winning for Best Album of the year and Keri Hilson winning for Best New Artist and Best Collaboration with Ne-Yo and Kanye West for Knock You Down.

0 comments: