CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Album Review (Transition)



31 year old Ryan Leslie has released his 2nd album titled, Transition.

The mind and music behind Cassie's debut single Me&U. Ryan has written and produced a number of artists throughout his career such as Danity Kane and Britney Spears.

For this album he wrote, arranged, produced and engineered the entire project.

Rumor has it that this entire album was inspired by a lady whom Leslie met during a rehearsal for his showcase at New York's S.O.B.'s. They went on to have a relationship during the summer of 2009, which the album tells the story of.

Now to the Highlights!

Never Gonna Break Up - A jazzy 70's inspired beat is the backup for this catchy song. Ryan speaks of losing the one he loves but vows to find the right one next time around. "I just want a girl that looks good with no makeup and when I find her I promise we're Never Gonna Break Up"


You're Not My Girl- Ryan's first single off of the album. A quick dance number where Ryan tries to convince a girl to go along with all the routines of a girlfriend and yet never allow herself to be claimed as such. "You can call my phone, you can swing over my place, on your nights alone you can come over my place, if he treats you wrong let me give it you my way, Just remember that You're Not My Girl


Guardian Angel- (My personal favorite) a sweet mid tempo song. Ryan has found his guardian angel in the woman he loves. "This isnt make believe, You found your way to me, and now, You deserve angel wings of that I'm certain"


Rescue U -(A track from the Deluxe Edition of the album)Smooth, jazzy, chill type music. Ryan croons over the track that he's coming through to rescue his woman and let her forget about her troubles. "Slowly unlock your heart, show me the way, to make it right, Baby I'm coming, said I'm coming through to Rescue U"


Promise Not 2 Call-(Another track from the Deluxe Edition) Catchy smooth midtempo track where Ryan decides to call it quits and makes a promise not to call as long as she doesnt call. "I promise not to call you if you dont call me baby it's alright, I promise I wont, I think its better if we dont, I wont call you no more if you dont call me no more, Lets make that promise and maybe we can move on girl"

0 comments: